Somerville & Ross – Portfolio of ten (10) original, large Etchings by John Verling [signed].
Ballydehob / Schull, John Verling & Schull Books, 1984. Folio – Sheets (38.2 cm x 28.5 cm). Ten original etchings in bespoke Folder with original tissue-guards. Original Hardcover-Folder with one additional, signed inlay-etching to frontcover. The ten etchings and the folder with the original inlay-art, are all in mint condition. The etchings all protected by their original tissue guards. A stunning publication of a wonderful West Cork – Artist. A must-have for all collector’s of rare and signed Somerville & Ross collectables, this find is simply an unusual occurance because the artwork was originally designed to be framed. One usually never finds this edition with the artwork still in its original folder !
Portfolio of 10 Etchings, Limited to only one hundred (100) signed and numbered copies.
List of original, signed Etchings:
1. The Studio at Drishane
2. Drishane House (Family Home)
3. Gate Lodge Castletownshend
4. Village street in Castletownshend
5. “Tally Ho” (Edith Somerville’s home from 1946 until her death in 1949)
6. The Organist Loft, ( Church of St. Barrahane, Castletownshend, Edith was organist here for 70 years)
7. Castletownshend (Architectural features)
8. Graveyard at Castlehaven
9. Watergate and Pier, Castletownshend Village
10. The Graves of Edith Somerville & Violet Martin, Church of St.Barrahane.